A quick snippet from emarketer's recent article: Social Marketing’s Benefits Rival Email for Small Businesses
The quote we like the most is this one:
Social media has quickly moved up the ranks of top marketing tactics among small and medium-sized business (SMBs). April 2011 research from Pitney Bowes indicates that by some measures of desirability, it’s in close competition with email.
What do we think this means in the broader perspective?
- SMB Marketers realize the power of connecting with customers directly via social channels
- SMB Marketers like the control of the channel and freedom it represents to realize their creativity
- SMB Marketers are more likely to experiment with the channel to light small marketing fires to see what takes off
- SMB marketers will look for simple uses of social channels to create buzz and awareness via online word-of-mouth marketing
What does this mean for RevenueNation Advocates?
- There should be more interest from SMBs for services like RevenueNation
- There will likely be more cool new products promoted via social channels, and thus higher earning potential for Brand Advocates!
As always, feel free to chime in on the comments below!