When you are talking about folks who influence purchase decisions via word-of-mouth marketing, no conversation is complete without talking about female influencers. These ladies have the power, energy and influence to get people excited about what they recommend and they do it because they genuinely enjoy helping out and being known as an expert.
Some quick highlights for your skimming pleasure:
- The smallest groups overall were the most active online and contributed the most to online word-of-mouth.
- Social expressionistas, which make up just 8% of the online female population, were overwhelmingly the most likely to say that they use the internet as a way to express their views and that they interact online with people like themselves. (According to AOL, the social expressionista “defines herself as using the web to connect with others and to express her views, her art, and her projects.”)
- Other groups, like shopsessives (7%), businesswireds (15%) and alpha trendsetters (13%) liked spreading the word about brands more, but the research suggested they were somewhat less likely to do so on the web.
- Social expressionistas' love of spreading the word online translates to a love of social networking sites. Nearly nine in 10 social expressionistas said social networks were their favorite type of site, 13 percentage points above the next group, alpha trendsetters. Social networks are vital to them as the location where they interact with like-minded people and express their views.
- According to the report, the best way for marketers to encourage buzz among social expressionistas is to make them part of a dialogue and give them the opportunity to play with brand assets and use them to create their own content
So what does this mean for marketers and influencers? Pretty simple, actually:
To harness the power of the female influence voice, you need to get them access to your product, give them them means to promote easily and quickly, and to get them over the hump, you should consider giving them some additional incentives for talking product...things like discounts or commissions on sales are always effective.
Marketers, feel free to reach out to us if you want to set up a campaign.
Ladies, you are always welcome as a RevenueNation Brand Advocate. Click here to sign up for the beta...