We love smartphone-toting Moms here at RevenueNation. They are very influential and are very well respected by their peers when it comes to recommendations of products...
The folks at eMarketer have some data about connected Moms from Baby Center that we think the RevenueNation would be interested in seeing:
- Nearly six in 10 moms have a smartphone, vs. 50% of all internet users. Overall, 62% of mom respondents told BabyCenter they use the mobile internet regularly, up from 22% just two years ago.
- Mothers were significantly more likely to access games, social media and health information, and somewhat more likely to check the weather, listen to music or shop via mobile.
- Moms were below average on accessing content like maps, productivity tools, and financial and business information, suggesting they’re sticking to activities to help—or help occupy—their families.
- Activities like these lead smartphone-owning moms to spend an average of 6.1 hours a day with their phone, compared to 2.5 hours among moms with only a feature phone.
- smartphone-owning moms considered ads with coupons (55%) or that featured nearby deals (34%) most appealing
Here is a synopsis of what Moms are up to on their phones: